Meet our herbs
What RIDA does
RIDA Herbal Bitters is a specially formulated Herbal mix made from a perfect blend of Herb and Root Extracts. It’s a 100% Natural formulation consisting of several herbs with synergistic and complimentary effects. Of these herbs, 5 are the key active ingredients, which have been used for thousands of years for a wide range of different ailments. They are as follows:
- Used in the treatment of diabetics
- Treats Gonorrhea and effective against strains of bacteria including staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa and so on
- Effective in the treatment of cough
- Serves as a powerful antioxidant
- Used in the treatment of spasms
- Serves as an aphrodisiac, demulcent and astringent agent
- Used in the treatment of heart and gastrointestinal disease
- Shows strong anticancer, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activities
- Helps in treating leukemia and cough
- Helps with arthritic and joint pains
- Helps with menstrual pain and disorder
- Serves as an effective and powerful laxative
- Used in getting rid of tumors in the gastrointestinal tract or stomach
- Effective in the treatment of blood disorders such as leukemia
- It’s a strong purgative used in the treatment of intestinal problems e.g. constipation
- Used to maintain a healthy urinary tract and stimulates the kidney
- Powerful in bringing relief from poisoning resulting from scorpion or snake bite
- Serves as a blood purifier
- Stimulates the Liver and helps with the effective secretion of bile
- Helps in the scraping and removal of warts and corns from the skin
- Helps with worm infestation, jaundice, abdominal disorders and edema
- It’s a great immunity boosting agent.
- It has Antimalaria properties, so it’s an effective remedy for Malaria.
- In recent studies, it has shown great ability to lower cholesterol especially LDL cholesterol within a few doses of usage
- It also lowers blood sugar levels thus helping those with diabetes and studies shows it can help with weight loss and obesity too.
- It is great for regulating blood pressure and inhibit the risk of High Blood Pressure. It contains lots of great plant steroids and also saponins that are important for great health
- It is a great antibacterial agent and works wonders for skin infections including leprosy and ulcers as well as Staph. and E-coli infections
- It’s a great anti-inflammatory agent making it important for arthritis and other inflammatory diseases because it blocks prostaglandins and histamine release
- The roots of the tree have been used to treat women who have an absence of monthly periods; so, it works well for amenorrhea
- The root and bark are also effective in relieving women with cases of heavy menstrual flow
- It powerfully assists the body to kill intestinal worms and prevent from Ascaris
- It triggers the Liver functions and strengthens it. Thus, it is a beneficial remedy for Liver Diseases.
- Studies reveals it is great for reducing fevers and pains
- Studies are being done on Hunteria Umbellata to confirm its effectiveness with HIV/AIDS and Malaria and also for boosting the immune system because of its powerful antioxidant activity
- In Germany, it is used for treating low libido both for men and women; so, it has great Aphrodisiac properties.
- It is beneficial for those suffering from gastric ulcers and effective in toning up and increasing stomach functions
- Helps in the treatment of Bronchitis and Gonorrhea
- Effective in treating Malaria, and Fever
- Has powerful antibiotic, antidiabetic, antiviral, antifungal and antioxidant properties
- Serves as a cheap chemotherapeutic agent
- Useful in managing childbirth pains
- Treats sore throat, severe abdominal pains and hemorrhoids
- Speeds up the healing of wounds and sores
- Helps in treating dysentery and diarrhea
- Used to combat kidney and liver infections
- Used in preventing miscarriage and amenorrhea
- Serves as a solution for cerebral diseases, circulatory problems, cardiac insufficiency, jaundice and cough
- Useful in energizing and arresting aging- lassitude and senescence
- Has strong Purgative and febrifugal properties
- The flowers, leaves, stem and root all possess laxative properties and can effectively be used for the treatment of constipation and part treatment for hemorrhoids.
- Regular intake helps ladies who experience scanty menstrual flows
- It is an antimicrobial plant that is employed in the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Staphylococcus aureus etc.)â€¨
- It is an anti-inflammatory herb administered to counteract inflammation in diseased body parts; a major example is in cases of goiter
- The herb benefits patients who are challenged by various allergies ranging from skin to respiratory allergies such as Asthma
- The analgesic action is one of the reasons why practitioners of herbal medicine utilize it in the treatment and management of lumbago, arthritis and rheumatism.
- Its common name, “Ringworm shrub” already suggests one of the applications of this plant. Fresh leaves are rubbed on ringworm sites on the skin to treat this condition.
- Effective in the treatment of most fungi infections including Athlete’s foot and Eczema
- The decoction is taken orally for insomnia, palpitation and over sweating
- It’s a strong Antibacterial & anthelmintic agent; active in expelling parasitic worms (helminths) and other internal parasites from the body.
These herbs have been combined together in ways that allow them to effectively balance out each other. The side effects are good depending on who is using it. Some of the side effects include
- Increase in libido and general energy for men, also delays ejaculation.
- Increased dosage can cause frequent toileting for most people
- Induces sleep if taken last thing at night
- Helps with wounds and boils if applied topically
- Has abortifacient properties, hence should not be used by pregnant women
- Increases male and female fertility
- Eliminates menstrual pains, making your period come unannounced
- Excessive usage can lead to weight loss.
These herbs have been particularly selected for their antioxidant, anti-bacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties.
The mixture of herbs has the following properties – strong antioxidant properties, boosts the immune system, hence, its effect is remarkably seen in several ranges of diseases from as minor as Malaria to as major as HIV/Aids. Other effects are reduced risk of heart attacks, cholesterol, blood pressure, strokes and effective management of some types of cancer.
Some of the herbs have a fast-acting effect in treating a wide range of gastrointestinal disorders and issues. It’s effective in preventing cramping, bloating, constipation, stomach aches, excess gas, and diarrhea. Furthermore, it helps to scrape off dangerous cholesterol (LDL), which helps to improve heart health and protect the body from conditions like atherosclerosis, heart attack, and stroke.
There are also some of the herbs with phytochemicals that enhance organ and cellular function and total well-being. The main ingredients in RIDA Herbal Bitters are as follows and are well known to help with the following: