Herbal remedy is the use of medicinal plants to treat disease and maintain general health and wellbeing.
Products made from these plants are usually called herbal products or supplements. They come in different forms: liquid, capsules, powdered or dried. They can be swallowed as pills, powders or tinctures, made into teas, applied to the skin as lotions, or creams or added to bath water.
According to WHO, Eighty per cent of African populations use some form of traditional herbal medicine, and the worldwide annual market for these products approaches US$ 60 billion. Many hope traditional herbal medicine research will play a critical role in global health. Furthermore, China, India, Nigeria, the United States of America (USA) and WHO have all made substantial research investments in traditional herbal medicines. Industry has also invested millions of US dollars looking for promising medicinal herbs and novel chemical compounds.
The practice of using herbal supplements dates back thousands of years. Today, Herbal medicine is increasingly being validated by scientific investigation which seeks to understand the active chemistry of the plant. Clinical trials are now being conducted by some manufacturers like Marvel Natural products Limited, manufacturers of Rida herbal bitters.
Matter of factly, herbal remedies have been effective in combating the Coronavirus. Below are some information you need to arm yourself with which will help you overcome your fears, while taking worthy risks.
- Give your time to learning as much as you can about the herbs you are taking by consulting your doctor and the manufacturers of such herbs for more information.
- it is advisable to always discuss the symptoms you have before buying any herbal supplements.
- Follow label instructions provided carefully. Use only as prescribed. Never exceed the recommended dosage, and seek out information about who should not take the supplement.
- Buy from accredited and standardized company whose label give adequate information about the standardized formula, side effects, ingredients, directions, and precautions of their product(s)
- Watch for side effects. If symptoms such as headache, dizziness, nausea occur, or you have an allergic reaction, you may reduce the dosage or stop the supplement.
- You want to know if the company conducts researches on its own herbal supplements or relies on the research efforts of others. This will help you make informed decisions.
Herbal remedies indeed have come to stay. Make it a duty to always choose a reputable manufacturer’s brand like Rida Herbal bitters.